Skip to main content

Adagio





















No space,
No time,
From the light screen
Your eyes staring at mine.
Your unspoken words my being reach,
Promising musical notes
My whole soul bewitched.
From beyond the Oceans
The pleasant Adagio sounds
Sweet, blue, amorous…
Nothing more ephimerous
Could enfold me so tight,
During day and night.


Madrid, 1, March, 2008

Comments

Me ha encantado escuchar tu voz recitando este poema maravilloso... muchas felicidades por tu andadura bloggera, Berta!!!!!
Anonymous said…
qué gusto oír tu voz, berta

un beso
Gracias Santi:

Creé este poema en inglés y no lo he traducido porque también creé "Are you the Man I Love?" en inglés y al traducirlo al español me parece que ha perdido musicalidad y belleza.

Si también lo has escuchado me gustaría oir tu opinión al respecto.

Espero que te estés cuidando.

Besos.

Berta
Anonymous said…
"Si también lo has escuchado me gustaría oir tu opinión al respecto"

¿oír?

cuando quieras, prefiero "oír" que "leer"

un beso

Popular posts from this blog

POEM Life Awakening

Life awakening. Unwinding clouds lifting. Fading voices early rising. Little birds nesting, Fluttering and singing. My cats stretching. In the valley bellow, dogs are barking. The smoke goes up uncoiling. The smell of wet earth At dawn still staying. Sunlight the shadows hiding. The spring resurgence winning To the sleepy winter. In my soul Hope again rising.

I remember the days of bread

I remember the days of baking bread. Mom busy kneading Loaves for a month. Delicious muffins smelling of anise! I remember that mom sat me up on the bunks full of wheat. Drawn crossed squares Where we played at three in a row. I remember the rain outside Pitter-pattered on the slate roof top. My hot and dry feet inside my clogs, Wet when splashing puddles. What I mostly remember It's the smell of freshly baked brown bread, The softness of Mom's worn apron, and Her sweat running down from her forehead. Spanish version: Recuerdo los días del pan